Saturday, January 29, 2011

I have faith in my fellow man, and I only hope that he has faith in me.



  There are very few people in my life whom I can stand for more than a few hours. There are even fewer people that I can stand for more than a day. Today I'm going to talk about one such individual. I've been friends with this girl since junior year of high school. We started hanging out after her older sister and my older brother dated for a while. I've watched her grow up from a quiet neeeeeeerd to an outgoing and infinitely interesting individual. She has an amazing taste in music, she's an astounding artist, and she's also one of the most mature and level-headed people I've ever met (and she's only 17). Every time we hang out is the best time we hang out (we hang out A LOT). I always learn something from her about life or people whenever we hang out. Conversation is never stale with her, and there's always something fun to do with her, whether it's listening to music, or just going for a drive in the car. I don't have any younger siblings of my own, but I consider her my pseudo-little sister. She's going to go far in life, and will do many amazing things.


 Does anyone else have someone like this in their life? Not specifically a pseudo-little sister, but someone who they can hang out with every day and never have a dull time, and that they care for deeply, and are a true bro straight down to the brone?


I don't have any crazy deep musings for either of these songs, except that they reflect my feelings about life almost exactly. People are awesome, we need money, and we fuck because we are lonely.




 I wish I had more money than I have
and I know that's not punk,
but I need to pay my rent.
I can't survive without money.
I can't survive without money.

And I want to eat red, red meat.
I want to feel it digesting inside of my tummy
and I support animal testing.
I'd kill a kitten to save a human being.

The human race, we are big, big dicks.
We fuck holes in the world and fuck everybody else
We fuck because we are lonely.
We fuck because we are lonely.

We ought to give it one more shot
we have to save the world
and bathe ourselves with love
because love is all we need
except that love isn't really all we need.

We need compassion
and we need empathy
and we need love
and we need money
or another way to fulfill the basic needs we all have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment