Wednesday, January 26, 2011

merry go round we go up and around we go

  I don't know why, but this blog is slowly starting to turn into a music review, as opposed to a journal. Maybe that's a good thing. I know I'd commit seppuku if I had to read someone's whiney writings. Well, I guess no one has to read this..and I guess no one really does..So it's a win/win?The song above is by Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, off of their album "Before Today". Good song, right? Right. I love how the cover art for the single offends everyone's sensibilities. The art of course being a drawing of a man open-mouthed kissing a dog, drawn by Saimon Chow, from his Summer of Love series. I've always been interested in what offends people, and why it offends them. It's just art, guys. It's just a drawing of a guy kissing a dog. It isn't a drawing of Pope John Paul II getting skull-fucked by the members of Nirvana (Which would be hilarious). My feelings about this song can be summed up by Ultramincubed's youtube comment: 
"This song makes me feel like i am having the best beach volleyball match of my life but all of the sudden out of the sand emerges a massive lobster on the opposing team's side. he's so big, and his claws are proportionally large. not only that, he begins trash talking me, calling me "a weak man" and "a pussy." i start getting a bit discouraged, as the lob is blocking a lot of shots with his cheap big-ass claws. the other team catches up, and the whole match comes to down to the last point we win"
I agree sir, I wholeheartedly agree.


Also, 

9 comments:

  1. I drew this on a fucking track pad. Worship me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! God. you're so awesome :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty good for trackpad drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL nice job, followed you

    http://16bitisnotcool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolol i love the guy kissing the dog picture

    check out mine sometime

    http://xx13vamper37xx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice song and I like the drawing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw i dont find the cover art offensive at all. but then again i'm desensitized by the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I derp'd when I saw the picture on that YT video.

    Followed.

    onlythetechnews.blogspot.com
    onlythefunnynews.blogspot.com
    wallpaperwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete